Sunday 21 December 2014

Negative Thinking & hunger

In 3 days time, it's Christmas & then end of the year 2014. Time to reflect on my resolution to be happy & positive all the time.

I don't seem to be doing all that well. Besides me being able to keep slim which makes me very happy, then I remember all the good food I missed out on during gatherings & especially festive celebrations like Christmas or CNY - I got a little sad. Overall I would say I was not a 100%  totally happy & positive for the entire year. What if I'll never get to eat good food again just to stay slim?  Think of all the things I'll missed ! Bak Kwa, fruit cakes, pineapple tarts, love letters, chocolates& more....
Love the crispy & fat ones !!!

But is staying positive all that important though? After all ,if the Greeks & Romans had sat around grinning all day, would they have bothered inventing civilization?



 Maybe negative thinking & regrets is the driving force behind all culture ! By demonizing pessimism , could we be forcing ourselves into irreversible decline ? Just thinking out loud- maybe hunger makes a person cranky ...lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment