Friday 10 June 2016

I'm a big fan of both Uber & Deliveroo.

Business has been slow lately. Economy is seriously pretty bad. It's so boring sitting behind the desk all day with nothing better to do. I had never really learned how to cope with boredom, which made me feel like I was being nibbled to death by tiny invisible ants eating my brain a millionth of a gram at one time. It gave me time to think the same agonizing thoughts about my friends over and over and over again, which I wouldn't have had an opportunity to do if I had been busy !

See my friends had ask me to join them in a new venture. They wanted to open a small cafe & have been pestering me for months. But I'm still in school & working partime in my dad's office & it's difficult to leave. They wanted to be the next ToastBox ...haha... I told my dad & as usual, he ask me to look around at the saturation of such businesses. Dad said if we can come up with an original idea, even he would support me.

Hmmm.... wish we had thought of something like Uber or Deliveroo. Those guys are really doing so well in Singapore. I'm a great great fan of both businesses.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Poppy, curious , what did you order & was it delivered fast? I've not used Deliveroo before :)thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wont believe it, we ordered food from paradise Canton! Yes they have many good restaurants, participating. Delivered around 30 mins, still very hot! on

      Delete
  2. I used Uber just last weekend. The driver was really bad in directions, he don't seem to know Singapore roads. As I could track him even when he was coming to pick me up, I could see he already took the wrong route, so he was late.

    After that he took many wrong turns & went to the wrong exit before reaching my destination! I wish they would hire more experienced drivers in the future. As I have to for all his mistakes! A normal taxi driver usually would self-deduct a small amount of money from the fare if he makes a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They expanded too fast, Not enough experienced drivers:(

      Delete