Friday 18 August 2017

“It’s not what it seems,” by Hikaru Cho

 Are you the artistic kind ? I'm not but I do appreciate people who are creative. Recently my friend introduce me to a very special artist Hikaru Cho. She's based in Tokyo. OK introduce not as meeting her in person, though I would very much like to meet her & tell her personally how I adore her work.

My friend was a great fan & introduce me to her art. I especially like her  playful series aptly titled “It’s not what it seems,” . In this series, Hikaru Cho paints over foods like bananas, tomatoes and eggs, creating a brilliant disguise that presents her subjects as entirely different food.





 What's even more awesome is ,on a deeper level, it encourages us to look beyond what we see on the outer layers as it can be very misleading.


 Please check her out, she's just so cool !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment